Monday, November 17, 2008

White Tailed Deer

These white tailed deer are taking a stroll on a fresh white blanket of snow. Looking as if they are about to run away, the three cautious deer check me out as I push the tiny button on my camera. I must have interrupted their search for food as I noticed a few green branches pulled from a snowbank to my right. Not wanting to alarm them anymore then I already had, I gently put down my lens and took several steps back to let them know that I was not a threat. I am always in awe when I am this close to these beautiful creatures. They exude a gentle peacefulness not often apparent when watching the human race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow mom, this is great and so is the story!!! haha! Keep painting and send me the pictures!!

argon(one) said...

Very nice. Makes me wish for snow.